Winter Kale Salad
Sara Snow shows us how to make an organic Winter Kale Salad--perfect for Thanksgiving.
- 2 bunches organic Tuscan kale (about 1 pound), stems and ribs removed, sliced very thinly
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons organic white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon local honey
- 2 tablespoons organic golden raisins, chopped
- 2 tablespoons organic pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons organic soft goat cheese (optional)
In a large bowl, mix fresh lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt and honey. Toss in kale and massage mixture with hands until kale softens. Mix in golden raisins. Sprinkle on pine nuts, soft goat cheese (optional) and serve.